To understand the concept of Lean Manufacturing in a general overview and how it can be integrated smoothly to a production process or service rendering to identify and eliminate waste, favoring the creation of continued flow.
1. Commitment needed for initiation
2. Selecting the value chain
3. Definitions of Lean Manufacturing
4. Identify the current condition
5. Identify lean measurements
6. Flow of value map in a future condition
7. Stages of customer demand
8. Creating flow of value map – future condition
9. Continued Flow Stage
10. Production Leveling Stage
11. Kaizen Plans
Students will be introduced to the new concepts of Lean manufacturing, a production system that views all processes in a continued flow so as to reduce time, storage and handling.
Line personnel, supervisors and mid management. Operation Management, Quality, Constant Improvement, Training and Communication areas wanting to manage basic concepts of quality previous to the incorporation of more advanced methodologies.